Monday, October 18, 2010

School for Lincoln

I realized recently that Lincoln needs more.  I'm not enough for him anymore.  He needs friends his age and he needs to learn how to function in society without me by his side 24/7.  He'll be starting a Mom's Morning Out program next week.  One morning a week he'll go to school and he officially starts next week.  This week is our "orientation" so I'm staying in the classroom with him in an effort to ease into this big change.  Today was our first day and it went well.  He warmed up to the classroom as soon as he  spotted the train table.  He's not crazy about other kids being in his space.  He didn't particularly let me stray far from him so I think that despite our efforts to ease into this he's still going to struggle.  He loved snack time.  Once he overcomes the separation anxiety issue I think he'll really enjoy his newfound independence.    

Here's his "First Day of School" picture (He refused to open his eyes.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree if you know what I mean)...


Some photos of Lincoln exploring his new environment...



Art project!  I'm happy to share that the teachers were impressed by Linc's brush strokes :-)


Next week I drop him off...and...leave :-/

1 comments:

DiDi's Blog said...

He will blossom...He looks so grown up with his hair cut..