Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Second Day

Day two at pre-school was a hit with Ava, despite the fire drill. The class made a friendship fruit salad with fruit that each child brought in this morning. The highlight of friendship fruit salad is that the kids get to cut their own fruit. This is a big deal for Ava because she always wants to help me cut vegetables at dinner time. She felt like "a real big kid" and she "only poked her finger a few times."

Yesterday, I accidentally put Ava's original drawing of her family on top of her painting and the paint was still wet so it transferred to her drawing. I was bummed. When I picked her up this afternoon she showed me that she drew another picture of her family, just like the one from yesterday, so that we don't have to worry about the one with paint on it. She's so thoughtful!

Family, Take II


Ava's teacher is pretty awesome and she practices yoga with the kids every morning. Ava loves this! It's just her thing. Apparently, according to Ava, you have to turn off all the lights and be very quiet. When we got home she couldn't wait to show me all the yoga poses she knows.

Tree Pose

Dog Pose


I'm excited about school tomorrow because I'm one of the helper parents!

Namaste.

0 comments: