There's a huge blank wall in our dining room and we've been struggling about what to do with it, decoratively speaking, since we moved into our place. Eventually, I found some stencils (that trend is back, yo) on Etsy and I actually liked them. I decided to order a tree branch stencil pack, complete with falling leaves and a little bird. I also thew in a couple cute butterflies for Ava's room.
Well, I started working on the stencil one quiet afternoon and Chris kept poking his head in and giving his two cents so I finally handed the project over to him (I'm no fool). My job was to keep the kids entertained and out of the paint bucket which is easier said than done. I got busy tending to the munchkins upstairs and neglected to check on Chris' progress for a good while...too long apparently. When I came downstairs to check on said progress I noticed that the tree branches looked awesome and then I saw "the mistake." At first I thought it was a joke but then I quickly realized that it wasn't. I also noticed that Chris was really proud of the creative touch that he added. You see, Chris got carried away into Stencil-Land where he was inspired to add Ava's butterflies to the tree branch scene in our dining room. Apparently, he forgot that the butterflies were for Ava's room. That's the story he tells anyway. Yep, I have butterflies stenciled on my dining room wall. It's not cute. It's not trendy. It's not classic. It's not supposed to be. But...it is very funny! I think Chris is afraid to finish the project now because he has yet to go back and add the falling leaves (hint, hint...Christopher).
Zsa Zsa instantly found the humor in this story and the butterflies upon her arrival. She quickly began scheming and after Chris went to work one morning she got to work on her dining room re-decoration. I guess a better description would be to say that she "enhanced" what Chris started...
This is the before picture. Zsa Zsa is scheming and creating at the dining room table (can you find Chris' beloved butterflies)...
I'll help you. Here's a closer view...
Just to be sure you can see it, here it is again...
Good. Now that we got that out of the way...
Here's another picture of Zsa Zsa enhancing the look of our dining room...
And here are some pictures of the finished product...
Zsa Zsa added a friendly little squirrel and a one-eyed caterpillar.
My personal favorite is the multi-colored butterfly...
I like it. I'm not taking it down.
It wouldn't surprise me if our house sells like this.
Thankfully, for those who care, Chris laughed.
Thank you, Zsa Zsa, for bringing so much life to our dining room. I'm sure Chris' beloved butterflies are happy for the company of some good nature friends as well.

4 comments:
That is hilarious. A sprinkling of pixie dust would also be a nice touch.
Definitely have to send that one to HGTV.. It's a winner..
Are my caterpillars still on the wall??
Yep, although, they keep falling off (& the multi-colored butterfly) but I just keep sticking them back up there :-)
Post a Comment