Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Boy vs. Girl

Honestly, before I had children of my own, I didn't think there was a difference between boys and girls or women and men. I thought that all that "we're wired differently" stuff was mumbo jumbo. I blamed society and parenting. Well, now I know better. I was wrong. My children remind me, daily, just how wrong I was.

Here's an example:

Girl...


















aaaaand Boy...














Sure, in this example, the argument of age could be made. And I'm sure age has something to do with it but, trust me, even at 16 months of age Ava never would have dumped her food off her plate in a restaurant.

They're just different and it's OK. I think I've finally embraced it :-)

3 comments:

Christina said...

Haha, Abby is so clean..Alex on the other hand, well lets just say tonight dinner looked a lot like the second picture. ;)

Michelle said...

Glad to know it's not just us :-)

DiDi's Blog said...

It could have been worse, it could have been on his head...