Monday, October 12, 2009

Field Trips Galore

Wow! We’ve been busy! Ava is quite the socialite! Here’s the rundown…

Last week we went to Busch Gardens with some friends from pre-school. The kids were excited to see the park decked out with Halloween decorations.



















She takes after me...



























Over the weekend we went pumpkin picking with Ava’s favorite friend from school. Daddy came along too! This was an especially special pumpkin-picking trip because we had to ride the Ferry to get to the farm. From the Ferry we were able to see Jamestown Island and I explained to Ava how that’s where Mommy & Daddy were married. Well, little did I know that she’d be talking about marriage and the “Marrying House” 48 hours after the fact.








































































































Today we ventured over to the Living Museum. They have a neat shark exhibit going on right now so Ava was able to examine many different varieties of shark teeth. She was surprised to learn just how big shark teeth can get and she was curious to know how the museum got a hold of adult shark teeth anyway. I was stunned by Ava’s willingness to get hands on at the Touch Tank! Without hesitating she touched two different types of crabs and a starfish! I noticed today, at the Museum, that Linc has started pointing! He pointed to the fish and turtles mostly.

























































4 comments:

Lindsey Fescoe said...

Wow, you guys sure are staying busy! Looks like tons of fun! :)

Courtney said...

Can I move to VA and go on field trips with you???

Michelle said...

Court - PLEASE! We've only been begging you for years...

Hanging out with these kids makes me want to be three again.

Courtney said...

All these trips you guys go on look like fun! If I moved to VA I could go to Busch Gardens all the time too.. I may need to rethink where I am applying to jobs haha