Friday, September 4, 2009

Courageous Autumn

What a fun week! The weather was unbelievably lovely this entire week and that was such a treat. I’m starting to feel the fall weather creeping in and that makes me insanely giddy…hehehehehehehe. My favorite time of year! The air is crisp and the colors outside are striking. Best of all is the food; I so enjoy soups and stoups and fresh-baked bread! Giddy I tell you, I’m simply giddy!

This week I got to visit Ava’s pre-school for the first time. I met her teacher and the other parents. I’m psyched about this new chapter and Ava seems to be feeling the good vibes too. She’ll meet her teacher next week and I think they’ll hit it off. Already, her teacher sent me home with a little book for Ava to color about her first day at school and yesterday Ava received a postcard in the mail from her teacher. These small gestures make a big impact on the anxious 3-year-old. We have a play date scheduled with some of the other kids in her class too so she can meet them before the first day. I think Ava will be well prepared and excited when the day finally rolls around.

Superman, aka Daddy, seems to have a human immune system after all. The poor guy caught a cold. Thankfully, it only lasted a couple days. He only had class 1 night this week too. Last night Daddy and Ava went on a date to “An Outdoor Overture” by the Virginia Symphony Orchestra. Apparently Ava enjoyed herself and she was most excited to tell me about the trumpet and the drums.














Ava appears to be getting awfully brave in her old age. I took the kids to Busch Gardens the other morning and Ava finally had her picture taken with one of the characters at Sesame Street – Abby Cadabby! Ava even gave her a hug! I should disclose that her Daddy bribed her with the Disney on Ice tickets… Regardless, it worked!





































































We had a picnic at the neighborhood gazebo. Ava declared that she thinks she is ready for college...



















Another courageous moment: we attended a play date at the park and Ava actually interacted with other children! Later that night Ava told me that she didn’t like the scary things at the park. Completely perplexed I asked her, “What scary things?” to which she replied, “Um, the boys.”

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons too- my birthday duh! Glad Ava is excited about school, but if she wants to just skip to college feel free to send her down to NC State :) I am sure Chris is glad she is scared of boys..

DiDi's Blog said...

I will have to share your autumn enthusiasm and hopefully some fall pictures through your blog as it is still hot and sticky here..Have fun at school Ava..