Friday, September 18, 2009

The Week In A Nutshell

Here's some math that I actually understand...

Ava + Responsibility = Harmony

Seriously though, this child thrives on responsibility. I'm certain that it's a mix between independence and dependability that she enjoys so much. For instance, she has started making her own bed...without ever being asked. The first time she did this I thought I was crazy because I walked into her room with the intention of making her bed to discover that it was already made...but I didn't remember doing it. She made it perfectly, too. As you can see in the picture below, she has since gotten "creative" with her bed-making skills. She says, "I'm going to make my bed different today."














Ava is a BIG helper in the kitchen. She actually becomes offended if she finds me in there cooking something up without her assistance. She loves to make her own Ham and Cheese sandwiches. She really does make the whole thing without any help. She even puts the lid back on the Ham and she seals the cheese and tie-wraps the bread. So responsible.



















And some other pics from the week...

As I've mentioned in other recent posts, she's gotten brave. Here she is testing out her bravery on the playground. Right after this picture she asked me to get her down, ha.














Play Date with some pre-school friends...














A while ago she asked me to show her how to draw a tree...














Before Linc's video below I have to share some cute Ava moments from the past couple weeks:

"Mama, our car is naked without music."

"Mama, I have a good idea. How about if I learn to turn the TV on by myself? Is that a good idea?"

Sometimes there are little tiny baby grapes on the grape vine and Ava calls those "grapies." She likes to pretend that 2 of the big grapes are parents and that the "grapie" is a baby, of course. Here she was flexing her vocabulary: "Eventually I can give this grapie back to its Mommy & Daddy."

We're trying to get Ava to keep her dresses and shirts down. Trust me, it's harder than you think. For some reason kids love to expose themselves. Anyway, yesterday Ava was telling me about her day in school and she tattled that one of her friends lifted her shirt above her head. Then she said, "Mama, she had a brown tummy. Why she had a brown tummy?" After I gave her an explanation she started giggling to herself. I asked her what was so funny and she said, "My friends are all different colors!"

OK, onto the cute Linc video...

Lincoln is in love with Moose and Zee. It's a 1 minute cartoon-type-advertisement-thing for Noggin On Demand that comes on just before Ava's Noggin shows (Little Bear). Linc doesn't care for anything on TV except the 1 minute Moose and Zee gig. He gets so super excited, every time...

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Is there a reason Ava isn't wearing clothes in the picture or video?? Little Linc is too cute in the video. Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Michelle said...

Haha, no reason other than we had just gotten back from the playground and she was hot and sweaty so she stripped down to cool off quickly. That's what we do in our house ;-)