Last night Ava picked out her outfit for school this morning – jean shorts and a red top. This morning Ava walked into our bedroom carrying her red top and a pink skirt. She said that she changed her mind and she wants to wear a skirt. Somehow, I was able to convince her that we should choose a different top. She settled on her “shirt with flowers.”
She was in such a good mood this morning talking about school and asking a lot of questions. She was curious to know why I wasn’t going to work if she was going to school. Why would I be dropping her off and picking her up instead of Daddy? What was Lincoln going to do? Why can’t Lincoln go to school too? I could tell that she had been giving it some thought ;-)
We got there early and only one other child was playing. Ava quickly became my shadow and suddenly needed a smidge of reassurance that I wasn’t leaving yet. Then, across the room Ava spotted her friend and a dollhouse. She was gone. Just like that. She only looked back once, when she noticed several Daddies who were lingering, to ask me if her Daddy would be coming too. I hung with the other parents for about 15 minutes and then decided to say “Goodbye.” She gave me a kiss and went back to playing. With Lincoln on my hip I shuffled out of the room, stopping every three paces to look over my shoulder. She was fine. A handful of Moms left together and I chuckled to myself as I listened to us comforting each other. I stopped by the one-sided glass door and watched her play for another minute. Still, she was fine.
I’m home now and Linc is out for his morning nap. I have a long list of stuff to do and that’ll surely keep my mind occupied. I cannot wait to pick her up and hear everything about everything. It’s just so quiet and I miss my sidekick. I’m psyched for her though, so I too am somehow fine.
**UPDATE: Ava did great! No complaints from her at all. Here's what she had to report: she painted a seashell and her friend stepped on a caterpillar outside but the caterpillar was OK he just had some water come out of his side. Yeah... Well, she's anxious to go back!

2 comments:
awww, she's so big. I know she'll love preschool!
"Water" huh?
Post a Comment