We're back to school! After a super fun-filled summer, we're getting reacquainted with homework, bedtime and early mornings.
Ava started First Grade last week. Change doesn't exactly excite Ava, so we've had several little challenges as we've adjusted to our new schedule. Hopefully, after this week, we'll have ironed out all the kinks so our mornings and evenings can run a little more smoothly. I think that Ava is going to find this year to be considerably different than last year, based on the personality of her teacher. I'm pleased to find that Ava's teacher seems to be structured and organized. I have a feeling that we're going to be held accountable for our homework assignments and that Ava is going to be challenged in class. At least, I'm hopeful. I'm also excited about this year because I should be able to volunteer in Ava's classroom one or two mornings a week now that Lincoln is in pre-school. Ava is also excited about that prospect :-) Thankfully, Ava's best friend, who was in her class last year, is in her class again this year. Knowing that they were together on the first day certainly made it easier on me and I know it helped to calm Ava's first day jitters. It's always a difficult adjustment for me to get used to Ava being away all day. I miss her company.
Linc's first day of pre-school is TODAY! As I write this post, I'm kid free! I dropped him off this morning. To say he was excited would be an understatement. I tell people that Lincoln is three going on thirty. At that point, Linc usually pipes up and says, "I'll drink coffee when I'm thirty!" He's got it all figured out. I'm amazed, and somewhat jealous, of Linc's ability to jump into a new situation with the greatest of ease. He walked into pre-school like he owned the place, respectfully. Of course, we forgot to bring his show-and-tell so he sent me home with detailed instructions to pick up his R2D2. I delivered it to his cubby at school. I can't wait to hear all about his first day!







1 comments:
I LOVE the "elemeno"! So very appropriate!
Post a Comment