Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Granny and Busch Gardens and Bubbles, OH MY!

Granny is back in FL and Ava wants to know when we can visit her or when she'll be back to see us.  I think both kids liked the extra attention :-)

After all, she's cool enough to play with Mater in a restaurant...  

And she knows how to keep the big girl happy, too....

We miss you, Granny!  Come back soon!

In other news... 

What the heck is Papa feeding the garden?!  It's just embarrassing.  

Lou-Dog is still uber cute...

Took the kids to Busch Gardens recently and we rode on the Choo Choo Train, all the way around the park, and Lincoln LOVED it...  Big boy sits by himself on most rides and I can't get over how cute he is.  Specifically, I love his little knobby knees...

Cutie-pa-tooties on a ride...

This is a big deal.  Ava asked to ride on the roller coaster in Sesame Street!  She's been on it once or twice a year ago and then decided against ever riding it again.  No one knows why.  It's not unusual for her to talk a big talk about riding the roller coaster before we get to Busch Gardens and then she chickens out.  She pulled the same routine on our way to BG this time and Chris and I were all, "Yeah yeah..."  However, when we got to BG it was the first thing she wanted to do - ride the roller coaster!  What?!  OK.  Then she asked to ride in the FRONT!  She was totally cool, too.  She didn't appear to be the least bit nervous.  She loved it and she wanted to ride it again but the line was looong.  I believe we finally overcame a hurdle.  Boy, that feels good.  

Here she is sitting on the roller coaster, in the front!


What's better than bubbles in the Fairy Garden?  That's right, nothing.

Well, maybe chocolate or ice cream in the Fairy Garden...Hmm...


That's all I got.  Peace out.  

3 comments:

Kelly Reece said...

Dude! Did you take your Nikon to on the roller coaster?? In the super wet watery times that is Sesame Street?? The pic of Ava on the coaster looks to be of Nikon quality, and if it's not, I want to know what kind of point and shoot that is b/c that looks good!

And it's so crazy how Ava and Lincoln are the perfect Michelle and Chris mix. When I look at the pictures I keep thinking "yeah that looks like Michelle... no that's Chris! No! It's Michelle!!!!"

Wait.
Where am I?
What's going on?

Michelle said...

Kelly - Believe it or not, all those pictures were taken with my cell phone! We still haven't replaced our point-and-shoot.

I'm glad to know you see some of me in the kids b/c I usually hear that they look like Chris...well, Ava looks like Chris and I think people just wonder and gossip about Lincoln ;-)

Courtney said...

OMG! Ava rode the roller coaster, that is awesome!! I have to come visit and ride with her!