Friday, July 23, 2010

Sun Soleil Sol

This project was so fun I could hardly stand it! Seriously. Unfortunately, I managed to photograph the entire process without a photo of a single child and there were three of them involved! Oh well :-(

Here's the deal... A fellow Mom ordered this awesome sun sensitive paper online here and brought it over the other day to share with us. I'd say it's the perfect sunny day project for ages 3 to 93. I could have played with it all day and Ava and her friend were just as enthusiastic about it. I've been put on a spending freeze by my Budget Master but as soon as it's lifted I intend to buy my own pack of this paper (& the sun sensitive beads, but that's a whole different blog post).

Here's how it works...

Choose different objects to place on the paper. This photo shows a bunch of stuff from nature but we also used a lot of toys, a basket and even our hands!

Quick dip in some water...

Dry for a bit...

VOILA!

Mind you, this was our first attempt but I was still excited about the results. I intend to do this project again and again and maybe even frame some of these pieces of art to hang in the bathroom or something. They're just too cool not to display.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow! Those look really cool!

Lindsey Fescoe said...

way cool!!!

Lindsey Fescoe said...

PS - I have a Budget Master too... I feel your pain

DiDi's Blog said...

Wow.. definitely going to try some of that neat stuff!!