Not a lot to blog about...just another post with random photos...
The girls ("Um, hello? Duh!" as Ava would say)...
Lincoln strutting his stuff (before his haircut, duh)...
Dining al fresco with the Fescoes...
Louis meets Colonial Williamsburg and everyone visiting it (b/c he's cute/social)...
Auntie Linda & Uncle John visit from MA...
Aspen's family picked her up yesterday. It was cool because she was so overly excited to see them and totally willing to leave with them. I know it's been a year but this is the first time that I really felt like Aspen understood where she belongs after spending a week with us. In fact, I think she was getting anxious during her last couple days with us. She missed her boys. I said their names one night and she went nuts thinking that they were somewhere nearby. Oops. Louis loved Aspen the second he set eyes on her, however, the feeling was not mutual. Aspen is a people's dog, not a dog's dog. She's never really cared for other dogs. Regardless, she did an outstanding job tolerating Louis. During the last few days they almost started to resemble friends by laying close to one another...
Chris is back in school starting today. Sorry, I don't have a picture for that ;-) He had a few days off between summer sessions but today he goes back. Blah. He was quite productive during those few days home and it's always a tough transition back - for everyone. Ava will come downstairs this morning and one of the first things she'll ask me is, "Is Daddy coming home tonight?" Sucks. The upside is that he's done with school in December! He only has two classes left and that includes the one he starts today! Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel! I'm seriously concerned about how we're going to transition back to a normal family life. Mostly, I'm worried for Chris because I think he somehow handles the stress of school better than he handles the stress of two young children. Don't act surprised if he decides to go to med school in January...
In other random news, Ava's Fairytale Ballet Workshop was canceled :-(
Speaking of Ava, she's still going strong with her "Avaisms." The other day she told Chris that she's going to start telling people that she's thirteen years old. Of course, Chris asked her why she would do that and she replied, "People already think I'm that old because I'm so smart." She does have a valid point.
Also, Ava is a professional colorer. Honestly, I don't think there is another four year old out there who colors this well...
Well, how about that? I just rolled 16 blog posts into 1!










3 comments:
Yeah. We've been STUCK in the house watching BBC dinosaur documentaries. I've learned a lot.
About Chris and the school thing. Terry stopped school for a little school hiatus for about 6 months now. It's interesting to see what he does with his time. Mainly he goes fishing. But I think men HAVE to have their time alone. Otherwise they flip out and get angry. Like a woman who bottles things up.
Needless to say, Terry goes fishing whenever he wants. In this household, if Daddy ain't happy, ain't NOOOOOBODY happy.
Is that Jeff's backyard? Um... whoa...nice houses.....yeah.
Kelly - Does Grady like Dinosaur Train on PBS Kids? Ava loves it (as do I, heh).
That's kind of the running joke in our house that once Chris is done with school he'll find something else to busy himself. I know that for the first 6 months he'll be buried in the piles of paperwork that have accumulated for the past 2.5 years. I have quite the Honey-Do list ready for him :-) However, I'm looking forward to our evening family walks and movie watching again. That alone will be a huge improvement from where we've been for the past 2.5 years...
That's my parents' backyard, silly!
Beautiful picture Ava..and yes I know you are as smart if not smarter than most of the 13 year olds that I know...
Post a Comment