Thursday, December 10, 2009

Updates-R-Us

For a split second I forgot how to create a new blog post…it’s been THAT long. I don’t know how this happened. It might be a record. Let’s hope it never happens again!

Truth is, we’re busy. Surprise. We’re competing with Thanksgiving, Linc’s Birthday, Chris’ Birthday and Christmas! I’m certain that I’ve forgotten a good majority of what I wanted to blog about…here goes my best shot!

Thanksgiving was wonderful in Myrtle Beach this year. It was lovely to catch up with family members from afar. The kids had a blast. Ava loves the holidays and her family so she was beside herself. She was a big fan of Myrtle Beach and she did a phenomenal job traveling. Honestly, I don’t think that she could have been any better. We were so relieved! The minute we arrived to the condo in MB Ava selected her bedroom, which was originally planned to be Kyle and Lindsey’s room. Luckily, Joan and Andy had an extra room in their condo only several levels below and Kyle and Lindsey were happy to stay there. Five minutes after bringing our belongings up from the car Ava was moving into her room. She neatly lined her books up on the bookshelf and carefully placed her shoes in a row under her dresser. She’s amazing.

Lincoln also seemed to like the beach, however, he was irritable the whole time. He didn’t sleep. He had a cold and the croup cough. That was grueling on Chris and me but we survived. After we returned home we discovered a new tiny little tooth in his mouth so we’re assuming that the tiny little tooth was the culprit. Because Linc didn’t sleep at night he ended up falling asleep in random places during the day.

Here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving adventures (in no particular order)…

It took Linc some time but he eventually warmed up to Uncle Scott and then they were best buds...














Chad and Ava at the Aquarium...


















The siblings...













The men...












I took Linc for a walk on the beach and then found Daddy and Ava on a "date" at a nearby Starbucks...














View from our condo...














See? He passed out on the floor in the middle of all the chaos...














Meet Lucy, Ava's Build-a-Bear! This is the perfect age for Build-a-Bear! Ava was totally into it. She picked out everything - the bear, the clothes and the name. Isn't she darling...


















Feeding the ducks with Ninny...


















The family outside the Aquarium...














Ninny and Ava inside the Aquarium... Ava was confused as to why there was a sword in the stone. I remember being confused by that too when I was a youngster.














Lounging in Ava's room...














We went to the mall on Black Friday - not sure what I was thinking - and they had this Bungy Jumping contraption set up. Ava didn't hesitate when Ninny asked her if she wanted to do it. I was shocked. Here's a video of her...in her dress...bungy jumping.


In other news, Lincoln is a year old now. I was informed, via a Babycenter email update, that Linc is no longer considered a “baby” rather he is a “toddler” now. I doubt that I’m the only Mom who chooses to ignore this tidbit. I’m having a heck of a time dealing with the fact that my kids are growing up. I hope I can pull it together in the next fifteen years so that I’m not one of those Moms in mourning at my kid’s high school graduation. Seriously, though. He made out very well at his one-year check up. He weighs 22 lbs (40th %) and he’s 32” tall (96th %). His head circumference is 47 cm, which is the 68th percentile. He’s a healthy boy and so far he’s right on track developmentally. I’ve been making a conscious effort to introduce new foods/textures into his diet and the only food that he has turned down is oatmeal. He eats everything from cheerios and cottage cheese to Curried Spinach and Pea soup and Scrambled Tofu! Linc is working on learning how to fall asleep on his own. Up until now he’s been rocked to sleep but we want to break the habit before he gets much older and wiser. He does very well at naptime but bedtime is a different story. Hopefully it’ll work itself out soon. Here is a picture from the one-year photo shoot we did…



0 comments: