I'm pleased to announce that my old childhood dollhouse has recently been given a new lease on life!
Many moons ago, my parents bought a beautiful dollhouse for me, complete with exquisite furniture. It has survived many moves, most notably the move from Germany to the States. It has housed numerous celebrities such as Barbie, Ken, Trolls and even Teddy Rupskin (that was a tight fit). It has also survived numerous war battles between G.I. Joe and Cobra Commander. Most recently, it has been hibernating in the attic of Honey & Papa's house collecting cobwebs. We have been waiting for the girls to be old enough to appreciate all that the old house has to offer. I think we've finally reached that point!
Honey carried the house downstairs. We cleaned it. Chris fixed a couple loose boards. We cleaned the furniture and then it was time to move in. Ava was beside herself! She has created a cozy house for the Russian Dolls and the King & Queen figurines from the Princess Castle. The house still needs a little work...a little interior decorating if you will. Perhaps a splash of color would bring it to life as well as some window treatments and rugs. At some point we'll put the roof back on. For now, it serves its purpose just fine.
Ava spends all of her time playing with the Dollhouse when we're at Honey & Papa's house. It's fascinating to sit back and watch her imagination at work. She has big plans for this house. She's talking a grocery store and a backyard.

And some bonus pictures! Just a few snapshots of the latest happenings around here...
This is how Ava poses these days and it looks like Linc has already mastered the "Say Cheese!" smile...

2 comments:
I use to play with a dollhouse all the time! I love yours though, so fancy looking. I must say I do love what's happening in the dining room, the Princess and her horse dining together, with the frog (is that the Prince who hasn't been kissed yet?)
I know!! I love love love peeking in on the dollhouse when she's taking a break to see what she has everyone doing - they're usually dining or sleeping or "sitting outside." She has such an imagination!
Post a Comment