Monday, August 24, 2009

Big Boy

For months I’ve been working on a few “tricks” with Lincoln such as waving, clapping and saying “Mama.” He has waved and clapped a couple times but only when he felt like it. He started saying what sounds like, “Mama” or “Nana” or “Mom Mom” over the past week. Of course, I totally accepted it as “Mama.” ☺

Anyway, this morning Lincoln woke up and he was jibber jabbering in his crib. Ava went into his room to check on him and a couple minutes later she ran to me and enthusiastically told me that Linc was clapping his hands in his crib. Sure enough, the little man was clapping up a storm and laughing. Well, I got him out of his crib and he waved and clapped and very clearly said, “Mama” over and over again! How exciting!

We’re now 4 hours into his day and though he’s currently taking his morning nap he spent 3 out of those 4 hours clapping, waving and saying, “Mama.”

Melts my heart…


2 comments:

Mindy said...

No sir!!!!! Shut the front door!!! We feel like Molly just woke up!

DiDi's Blog said...

Check out those cheeks...you just want to kiss them..I love the "peanuts story".. too funny...