I’m real busy pretty much all the time. I’m rockin’ my vocabulary with all sorts of new consonant sounds such as “D,” “B,” T,” “V” and even a little “Th” here and there. Poor Mom is relentlessly in my face with this “Say ‘Mama’” business but I’m not ready for all that just yet. I’m also busy growing new teeth. I think I have 2 more top teeth working their way through my gum. Sometimes this hurts a little and I have a tough time sleeping through the night. I’m also busy trying to figure out this whole crawling thing. I try every time they put me on the floor to play but I usually end up on my belly instead. It’s cool though, after I get onto my belly I get around just fine using the roll technique. I roll to anything on the floor – Mom’s tennis shoe, Mom’s laptop, Ava’s princess castle, etc. Mom says they have to be extra cautious now. My sister gets a little uptight when she finds me playing with her toys, particularly her princess castle, and Mom says, “Oh boy, here we go.” I don’t know what the big deal is so I just smile.
I know my name is Lincoln but sometimes Mom and Dad refer to me as “Jaws” or “Wiggle Worm.” I have a tendency to bite (and pinch) when I’m tired or frustrated. I also can’t sit still when someone is holding me. I’m an adrenaline junkie so when someone is holding me I like to throw myself back and try to go upside down. It freaks Mom out every time. Awesome. Try it sometime. This is why I like swimming so much – I’m free to move and splash in the water.
I’m doing a great job with my schedule too. Mom says she’s real happy and relieved about that. I sleep until 7 a.m. on most days – no matter what time I go to bed. I’m usually ready to hit the sack around 8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. I need my hour and a half morning nap two hours after I wake up. Then I’m usually good for another two or three hours before I’m ready for another hour and half nap. The evenings are hit or miss; sometimes I prefer a catnap before dinner and other days it’s not necessary. As happy as Mom is with my schedule she says it makes it tough to do stuff with Ava because I tend to nap during story time and other local activities. A boy’s gotta grow! I can’t lie either, I probably won’t be proud of this in 12 years but I still like Mom to cuddle me to sleep at naptime and bedtime.
I like it when we go out. I like riding in the stroller, swinging at the park and even shopping! These outings usually tucker me out. People are so nice to me all the time always smiling and commenting on my undeniable cuteness. Mom is surprised that I like all the attention. I guess she assumed that I’d share my sister’s stranger anxiety that she had when she was my age. Nah, I like the attention and I only get a little shy sometimes.
Anyway, that’s what’s going on with me these days. I imagine I’ll have a lot more to report soon as I become more mobile and probably give Mom a heart attack.
Xoxo,
Linc

3 comments:
I love that you wrote it from his point of view, too cute!
Lincoln sounds like such a cool dude. I picture him in a little leather jacket, just reminiscing on his past eight months of life... :) So cute!
I miss Linc. I cannot wait for our trip back next year to see the kids together. Molly is still status quo but with some improvement on trying to sit longer
Post a Comment