Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Bunch of Nothing...

Gosh, not a whole heck of a lot to report around here lately.

-Chris had this past week off from school so we’ve been cramming in as much family time as possible.

-Funny story: College kids are moving into W&M therefore Target was swarming with parents and their college-bound children the other night. While perusing one of the aisles Chris overheard a conversation between a mother and her college-bound daughter. I’m pretty sure that anyone within a six-aisle radius heard their heated conversation. The mother was complaining that her daughter bought a $50 mattress pad because they should only cost $10. The mother demanded to know why her daughter needs such an expensive mattress pad and so the daughter explained that it’s Egyptian cotton and one billion thread count, etc. etc. The mother exclaimed, “Why do YOU need all THAT?!” To which the daughter bluntly replied, “Because. I am a princess.” Priceless.

-I don’t know if blogged about this before – guess it’s an Ava-ism. Ava calls marshmallows “crazy white things.”

-Chris gave Ava some marshmallows as a treat and she said, “Daddy, my belly says thank you for the snack.” It’s not uncommon for her body to talk to her. Her brain tells her when she’s sleepy and when she needs to watch a movie and so on and so on.

-Linc wants so badly to crawl…but his leg always gets stuck and by the time he frees his leg he’s on his belly. Defeated.

-Observant Ava recently noticed the difference between herself and her brother. During a diaper change she asked me, “Why does Lincoln have all that extra stuff?” I explained to her the correct terminology for what makes her different from her brother. A few minutes later she asked, “Mama, why does Linc have peanuts?” Oh boy…(literally)

-I discovered a new collection of cookbooks that are GREAT. Of course, I discovered them from another blog and they’re The Moosewood Restaurant cookbooks. Eric, I highly recommend you look into them (if you don’t already know about them) because they’re mostly vegetarian. I’m in love with their “Simple Suppers” book and I’ve made several meals out of it this week with Chris being home and all. That book is great because the recipes require few ingredients and they offer serving suggestions. The serving suggestions are big for me because I’m not that creative. When I didn’t know what to serve with our Curried Tofu with Tomatoes it told me that Coconut Rice is a nice choice. It was absolutely right! Love that!

That’s all I got. Here are some pictures.







































































1 comments:

DiDi's Blog said...

Wow, He's already standing up.. He might walk before he crawls...He reminds me so much of Kyle...Such a happy baby all the time...Can't wait to meet him...