Unfortunately, Lincoln still doesn’t sleep well. His best is 4 consecutive hours at night. I can’t even count on that though. The night before last he was up every hour…just restless. He doesn’t sleep longer than 30-minute intervals during the day. I truly don’t know how I’m functioning. It’s easy to get frustrated because I don’t always feel productive at the end of the day. I really try to keep it in perspective, but it’s easier said than done for someone like myself. I’ve started giving him 2 bottles of formula a day to supplement…I’m hoping that will help make a difference at night. So far no luck though. Keeping my fingers crossed… He still despises tummy time for longer than 3 minutes. Although, he can roll to his right side and he’s so close to rolling all the way over! It’s very exciting for him. He’s also working on grasping objects with his hands (right hand mostly). He’s still absolutely in love with his sister (and the feeling is mutual).
Ava is, well, Ava. What a character. She has a mind of her own. This mind of her own is a good thing except that it can make parenting very trying at times. For instance, she protested swim lessons earlier this week because she didn’t want to wait her turn. About 20 minutes into the lesson she lost interest and backed away from the pool. The instructor called her back several times without success. I finally got up and gave her a little chat but she was adamant about not finishing her swim lesson. I truly didn’t know how to handle the situation. I’m not going to force her to do something she doesn’t want to do but I think she needs to listen. Hmm. I asked her to please sit by the pool and at least watch the other kids. She didn’t seem content with out agreement and I knew it didn’t sink in. Sure enough, I cozy back into my seat with Linc to look up and find her rolling across the pool deck, like a fish out of water! She just kept rolling on the floor, this way and that. No matter what I said or how many evil “Mom looks” I gave her she just kept rolling. Finally, the lifeguard talked to her. She wasn’t happy about that. Unfortunately, lessons were over at that point. We had a talk on the way home. I’m curious to see how her next lesson goes. Curious is the wrong word. I’m nervous.
She’s been keeping Papa pretty busy too with her relentless requests to have him “fix the moon.” She claims that it’s broken. Poor guy had to go to Lowes to buy a fancy ladder…
We’ve had some bizarre weather lately around these parts. I always try to take advantage of a nice day. We made a nature collage from the treasures she collected on our nature walk earlier in the week. We also played a little soccer. Turns out, she’s pretty good at soccer!
Tonight we made homemade pizza (with homemade pizza dough – thanks A.M.)! It was by far the best pizza I’ve ever had, if I may say so myself! Ava got a kick out of helping with the toppings. She ate more cheese than she put on the pizzas; apparently she cooks like Paula Dean. Her little individual pizza was too cute.
Disclaimer: All pics taken with my camera phone!

Video of Ava making Linc laugh...





1 comments:
I'm guessing this is why you didn't answer the phone today... I will have to call you at the parent's tomorrow :) Glad we have another soccer player in the family!!
Post a Comment