She enjoyed a laid-back birthday celebration this year. She had swim lessons in the afternoon and Chris spent the day packing and getting himself in order for his trip. I made her favorite food for dinner. She dined on homemade macaroni and cheese, homemade chicken nuggets and fresh green beans. She asked for pink cupcakes so we had pink cupcakes with pink frosting for dessert (they came out looking pretty sorry, but she didn’t care). Honey and Papa came over to help us celebrate.
I know she said a couple funny things lately…let’s see if I can remember…
Ah yes, we were shopping the other day and the two ladies at the register were doting over Ava and Lincoln. Ava was very talkative (3 going on 30). The ladies asked her all kinds of questions about her baby brother and she did her best to thoroughly answer each one. Finally, on our way out, one of the ladies said, “You must be so helpful at home. I bet you feed your baby brother too!” To which Ava bluntly replied, “No. My Mama feeds him from her privates.” I could actually feel myself turn red and the lady looked to me and said, “Oh…are you nursing?” Sigh…
We went for a nature walk recently around the neighborhood. I felt it was time to start heading back to the house but Ava didn’t comply. I made up the excuse that I have to use the bathroom so we should really start heading back. It worked, she empathetically agreed to turn around and start heading back. A few minutes pass and now we’re talking about pinecones. A neighbor walks by with her dog. We stop and chitchat with the neighbor while the dog sniffs our nature walk treasure collection (pine cones, pine needles, leaves, acorns, etc.). As soon as we begin walking again Ava looks up to me and says, “Mama, do you still have to go poop?” Of course the neighbor was still in close proximity to us and chuckled. Aren’t kids grand?
Ava at Swim Lessons...

0 comments:
Post a Comment