Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day (a day late)

This one is worth a read…

One of the many great joys of having a pre-schooler is sharing their excitement during the holidays. Ava is at the age where she is really beginning to grasp the fundamental understanding of most holidays. Ninny mailed her a St. Paddy’s Day package filled with craft projects, clothes and books to help her celebrate. We spent a good majority of yesterday engaging in said activities. This is the first year that Ava understands what the Leprechaun is, the pot of gold, etc. That being said, I ideally wanted Ava to wake up to a big Leprechaun mess downstairs complete with green glitter and green eggs for breakfast. However, I do not currently live in an ideal world seeing as how I sleep in 30-45 minute intervals all night. Instead, we read the St. Paddy’s books, sang songs and did lots of craft projects. Her St. Patrick’s Day books debut a naughty little Leprechaun and this concerned Ava all day. One of the other great joys of having a pre-schooler is spending the majority of your time trying to satisfy their endless thirst with regard to the question, “Why?” Ava wanted to know why the Leprechaun is sneaky and why does he make a mess and why does he have a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and why is he green, etc. etc. etc. She was disturbed at the mere thought of a tiny green man sneaking into her house and messing with her business. All day she asked me why the Leprechaun was going to come to her house. Her imagination almost always gets the best of her, every time. After realizing her obvious fear of the Leprechaun I decided that it would be best to wait another year before attempting any Leprechaun-related pranks in our house.

Well, after dinner last night Ava got busy running around downstairs. I was doing dishes so I wasn’t fully aware of her purpose in that moment…until I peeked my head around the corner and witnessed this…


































































She was scurrying around and turning everything “upside over.” When I asked her why she was doing this she grumbled something about a Leprechaun. I offered to help her clean up and she panicked. She was adamant that I not move anything. She said she was helping the Leprechaun. I know better than that. I’m certain that in her head she reasoned that if she does the Leprechaun’s job for him then he wouldn’t bother stopping by her house. This was her way of warding off that sneaky little green man. Won’t she be thrilled to wake up this morning and realize that her plan worked!


And for another good laugh - I stole this idea from Kristen's blog . I've always wanted to do one of these :-)

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Mich - That was a RIOT!!! :D :D

Courtney said...

Hahaha I can't stop laughing, oh Ava..

CLO said...

Wow - 3 year old logic is awesome!