Thursday, January 15, 2009

Be Careful...

Be careful what you wish for. I’ve been harping about how I wish I had more time with Linc before jumping back into reality after my Leave. I was due to go back to work on Monday. Today was supposed to be Lincoln’s first day of daycare. At 8:10 a.m. this morning I got a call from my boss. No need to show up to work on Monday because I got laid off. Apparently our division isn’t doing as well as they anticipated (surprise) so they’re doing another round of lay offs and this time it hit home for me. Thankfully Chris already planned on taking the day off work today to have work done on his car so he was here – not only did he provide support which helped alleviate the blow for me but an extra set of hands is always beneficial with two rug rats running around.

We’ve had quite a week… Here’s a recap to date:
• Ava’s “good old fashioned cold” is the onset of pneumonia. Just what you want to hear with a 6-week-old baby in the house. So, she’s staying home for the rest of the week and we’re pumping her full of antibiotics again.
• Chris woke up to a completely flat tire yesterday morning. He was so excited to be getting out the door early for the first time in who knows how long. So much for that.
• Today I get laid off from my job.
• Today was supposed to be my 6-week post partum doctor appointment and they called and cancelled on ME! I should have charged them $25. They rescheduled me for Monday and informed me that the doctor is “overbooked” that day so I’ll probably have a long wait. Lovely.
• I spent beaucoup bucks at Target last night getting supplies for Lincoln’s big first day at day care. I stayed up until midnight last night washing and labeling aforementioned supplies with his name. Needless to say, he won’t be attending daycare now.

So yeah, the economy is crummy and we just got dragged into the mess. It could be worse though. I’m so thankful to have 2 healthy (minus the pneumonia) children and an awesome husband. The dog is cool too, on a good day.

Onto the fun stuff now! Despite being ill, Ava has been acting rather normal up until today. We really noticed a difference in her overall being today. She was grumpy, refusing to eat and tired enough to pass out at the table while waiting for her chocolate pudding to settle. That was a first. She’s never fallen asleep in a random place (other than the car). Poor kid. Her fever is gone though and her nose was considerably better tonight. Check out the video of her dancing yesterday – proof that she was not acting like a sick child. Lincoln loves watching her!

Time to get to bed. Guess I’ll be dusting off the ol’ resume tomorrow. If anyone has any job leads, I’d love to hear about them!

Here are some pics (and a video) from the past few days - 


Linc hanging out while Ava gets ready for bed...














Me with the kiddos...


















Passed out waiting for her pudding...














Chris is convinced this chair drugs him...














Look!  A dimple!














Sick Ava...














Do you believe she's sick?

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your job! That really sucks a lot. In other comment news Ava looks 10 years older and I saw her last month and Linc, what is he 5 now? Goodness, good thing I'll be up there in a couple weeks.

PS- Can you drink yet? I'm bringing wine.

Lindsey Fescoe said...

What a bummer about the job, we'll have to do some extra cheering up when we go up there! And we certainly want to see more of Ava's dancing, she's so funny... and Linc is precious too! :)

Kristen said...

Oh, Mich... that sucks! I'm so sorry hon. Hoepfully it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

CLO said...

Ava's dance is the most enthusiastic, heartfelt dance that I've (maybe ever) seen! So funny!

I love Lincoln's little smirk, very cute. :)

Courage!

Michelle said...

I don't know CLO...I've seen your in-laws dance ;-)