Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sickness

The ER called last week to notify us that Lincoln’s final blood-test results came back and wouldn’t you know he has some sort of bacterial infection. He also had bronchitis we learned. All this on top of the ear infection. Poor kid. Thankfully, his doctor was 1-step ahead of the game and already had him on an antibiotic. He’s doing better.

Daycare called yesterday afternoon and said that Ava threw up after her nap. By the time Chris got there to pick her up, she’d thrown up 2 more times. Then she threw up in the car on the way home. When she got home she was just as happy as ever and hungry if you can’t believe that. No fever. I got her cleaned up and she ate some crackers. An hour later the crackers came back up. She said, “Mama, it not tasty.” I got her tucked into bed and she asked me to re-fill her water that we keep by the bed. On my way back upstairs I heard her desperately call, “Mama!” Sure enough, by the time I made it into her room she was throwing up in her bed. Apparently she didn’t have time to grab the bowl I’d given her. We cleaned the mess up and the poor child was so anxious to get back in her bed. We read a book and she quickly fell asleep. I kept her home today to be safe and she appears to be doing much better. We’ve been Cloroxing and Lysoling everything in site. Hopefully this is the end of sickness for us for a while...

Onto the pictures!

Ava wanted to watch Aladdin this afternoon and sure enough she fell asleep. Lincoln also fell into a slumber.






























What's better than a pedicure when you're sick?!
















1 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh man, you guys just can't catch a break. We're praying that everyone is on the road to recovery and back to good health SOON!