Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Unthinkable

We did the unthinkable on Friday. We gave Aspen to another family. It was devastating and relieving at the same time. We aren’t able to give her the life she deserves…and we won’t be able to for a long time. Two kids, full-time jobs and Chris in school is enough on our plates right now. We gave her to a family that has been dog sitting her for the past 2 years. They have 2 young boys who adore Aspen. They were thrilled to take her. She was so happy when we dropped her off. They have a fenced in yard for her to run in. I like to think that she’s much happier there. We really miss her…a lot. It was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make. I miss having her underfoot. I expect her to bark every time there is a noise outside. It’s hard. Her new family lives 5 miles away so it’s not like we can’t visit her from time to time. We get Aspen updates also – that helps a ton! So far she’s doing very well.

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Sorry you guys had to part with Aspen. She is a good girl and deserves a good life. ((HUGS))