Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Fun

Another fun weekend come and gone! On Saturday, Ava and Lincoln got to hang out with Sam and Tyler. Samantha got a Barbie Makeup Kit for her birthday and she couldn't wait to share it with Ava. The girls didn't even make it into the house before they began their makeover.






































































On Sunday, Ava's pre-school had a Carnival. Unfortunately, it was 97 degrees outside! Ava doesn't function well in the heat and so the poor girl was in a daze for most of the festivities.

She got to sit inside a fire truck...


















She visited with a lot of random animals...


















































We listened to a Pirate band...














She got her face painted...














Overall, it was fun. Once she was home and cooled off she was excited to tell Chris all about it.

Chris and I managed to squeeze in some social time with friends, too! What a nice break from the Mom & Dad roles! Our friend, who is from Kentucky, had a Derby birthday party. So fun!


3 comments:

Kelly Reece said...

Hat and dress... absolutely amazing! You look beautiful! And is that a horseshoe necklace I see?? Very derby-ish! You thought of all the details :-)

Tell little Ava I know what she means about that hot weather... I don't function well either :-/

Michelle said...

Aww, thanks :-) I was quite pleased with myself for remembering to wear my horseshoe necklace, thanks for noticing! It was a bride's maid gift from my cousin's wedding. I bed you could make an ultra cool horseshoe necklace...

Lindsey Fescoe said...

I want to go to a Derby party! How fun!