Monday, May 3, 2010

17 Months

Linc is awesome. He’s all boy! Except when he gets hurt and screams like a girl and runs to his Mommy. Oh no, never mind, that still makes him a boy ☺



















I can’t believe how much he has changed over the course of a couple weeks! The baby is totally and officially gone; we have a little boy in our house now. I don’t even know how to put his personality into words…he’s just so cool. If he were a dog I would describe him as having a strong ball drive. He would be a Retriever, no doubt. He loves water, he’s eager to please, he loves to play with his toys and he’s always game for a belly rub.















Linc talks a lot but he’s still speaking Lincolnese and he’s unaware that everyone else in the house is speaking a different language. He tells some elaborate stories, too! His vocabulary has exploded and it’s adorable. My favorite words that he says are: “hi”, “baby”, “people” and “mommy.” Every time he says “hi” it’s in a soft sweet voice and it’s usually accompanied by a full arm wave. I like “mommy” too because he used to only say “mama” so “mommy” is new and it sounds so delightful. His newest word is “Ninny”! Here's a video of me trying to get him to say all his words. Also, this is the very first time he said "Ninny" so I apologize for my overly excited tone.



I think his favorite activities include eating, playing with his sister, bath time and playing with his cars. His obsession with cars kinda makes my heart heavy because it’s just another representation that he’s a little boy. It’s bittersweet. He’s that boy you see out and about who always has a Thomas Train or a Match Box Car in his hand. Sigh…





























He’s starting to pay more attention to the textures of different foods. For instance, he doesn’t care for rice anymore. Also, softer breads/cakes (i.e. angel food cake) get spit out or thrown across the room as well. Everything else makes it into his belly in two seconds.

Linc has some trouble listening sometimes; he’s so focused on what he wants that he sometimes forgets that he hears Mommy’s voice in the background telling him that it’s not a good idea. Oh well, he’s learning. On the other hand, he’s a great listener! He understands everything you say to him. He enjoys helping out and putting trash in the trashcan, closing open doors and cleaning up his toys. He still has trouble sitting through an entire book. He has sat with me for up to three books before but he usually looses interest after the 2nd page of the first book. Also, he loves to be chased! Here's a video of me chasing Lincoln, again, I apologize for my overly excited Momminess...it happens!


THE END.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I loved when you asked him to say Yoda and he just laughed. But should I be offended? Where was the say Zsa Zsa??

Michelle said...

Oops :-) Honestly, I didn't think he would cooperate when I started rolling the camera so I wasn't ready for the pop quiz. I'll get him saying Zsa Zsa...just for YOU!