It's been an interesting week with the threat of the dreaded stomach bug...dun dun dun dun. Unfortunately, 24 hours ago it became a reality for Lincoln and Ava :-( Linc has had it the worse, especially considering that it has been thrown in there with teething. Ava got sick once at 4 a.m. and handled it like a champ. I'm experiencing a severe case of cabin fever.
Here are pictures from this week, in no particular order.
I'm thinking of changing her name to Martha. The little darling enjoys setting the table every night while I prepare dinner. She thinks of everything - coasters, place mats, cloth napkins, candles, flowers, etc. I've noticed that the longer it takes to get dinner ready the more "stuff" appears on our table. Tonight she was already having a tea party before I started dinner. You can't really see, but her pink poodle is in one chair and her polar bear is in the other chair and they're enjoying tea, salad and strawberry shortcake with Ava. The empty Cool Whip container and empty boxes are from Linc's cabinet in the kitchen. I forgot to ask her their purpose...

On a very cool side note - Auntie Carrie got this totally gnarly tea set for Ava. It's made by Green Toys. Check out the website - I think you'll find some great gift ideas there.
Just when you think Linc's Roomba fetish can't get any stranger... Get this... Roomba was doing his thing tonight in the kitchen while Linc was closely observing its every move. Lincoln kept trying to confiscate Roomba's "virtual wall" which is a no-no because that's what keeps Roomba contained in the kitchen and prevents it from running rampant downstairs. After several attempts to convince Lincoln to leave the virtual wall alone, I spotted him putting it inside his toy school bus. He then drove the virtual wall, blinking as if in distress, around the corner and docked his bus on Roomba's docking station. Then he sat back on his cushioned bottom and just looked at his work. Honestly, it pained me to put the virtual wall back in its rightful position.
I haven't posted any of Ava's art work lately. She painted both of these rainbows. I penciled in a guide for her to follow with the rainbow on the left - sort of like a paint by numbers idea. The rainbow on the right was her freehand. I love both.

Ava's bath art. This is a picture of Mommy, complete with earrings, because I wear earrings all the time...

In other random news, I'm fairly certain that Lincoln thinks that he's my only child and that he's the only person who deserves my affection. Can you say j-e-a-l-o-u-s? He has a fit if Ava sits with me or if Chris hugs me. As sweet as this is, I feel sorry for Ava and I find myself feeling guilty trying to spread my love equally.
Also, Lincoln is a walking fool. I'd say we're at a 50/50 split right now between walking and crawling. It's so darn cute! He just loves to walk and turn and run and stand up. He still looks like Frankenstein when he's cruising but he's starting to get more comfortable finally.
The countdown has begun! Chris has 294 days left of school...

0 comments:
Post a Comment