Sunday, January 10, 2010

Copy Cat Time Saver

I'm taking this idea from Kristen's blog because I'd really like to gather as many answers as I can. Sound desperate? I am!

Here's the deal...

There aren't enough hours in the day. Taking care of two kids is tough work. I try to make my life easier with little time-saving tricks during the day. For example, I prepare the coffee pot and set the auto-timer before I go to bed; I also make Chris' lunch before I go to bed; I keep a washcloth on the bathroom sink for a quick clean-up after each faucet use; we squeegee the shower door after each shower; we own and faithfully use a Roomba to vacuum the downstairs, etc. etc. etc.

What are you time-saving tricks? Don't be shy. Please share!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

This is such a great idea. This way we can double the chances of getting more and more ideas. Lord knows I can use any help I can get. ;D

I love your roomba idea. I already told Brian and I saving my spare change so I can get one.

Unknown said...

Scrubbing bubbles is the best to clean the shower/bathroom !!
But we wipe the whole shower down with our towel after each use, makes the weekly cleaning it a breeze.
wish I had a roomba

Anonymous said...

Your mom is my time saver, she usually has my coffee cup, the way I like it, ready to be filled first thing in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Your Mom is my time saver. She has my coffee cup ready to go each morning just the way I like it. ;-)

Unknown said...

MAGIC ERASER!! Throw away your scrubby sponge and get tons of magic erasers...

I feel like an infomercial, but anyway...I use mine:
* In the kitchen sink - it takes the brown-ness out of stainless steel in 2 seconds
* on my kitchen cabinets - it takes off grease and stuff but doesn't hurt the finish
* on the glass door of our microwave and toaster oven
* on gross pans that usually have to soak for a long time
* Best in the tub & shower...It just takes the soap scum and mold/mildew stuff right off and leaves the tub like new
* on the plastic bits in the car -- takes out scuff marks from feet and ick around door handles.