Friday, July 31, 2009

Great Granny

This week Ava and Linc’s Great Granny was visiting all the way from Florida! She kept us quite busy.

I learned how to make my Great Great Grandmother’s meat pie and Auntie Maureen’s delicious chocolate cake. I truly had trouble keeping up with the 81 year old; she kicked my butt! Granny joined us at the library for a puppet show for the kids. Ava had a lot of fun coloring and drawing with Granny too.

We were sad to see her go but we thoroughly enjoyed our time together while she was here!


We had a couple of cute moments between Ava and Granny:

Ava and Granny were coloring together at Ava’s table. Ava hopped up to run and get tape. While Ava was rummaging around in the drawer looking for tape Granny decided to hide with the intent of sneaking up on Ava when she returns. Ava excitedly ran back to the table, tape in hand, when she stopped on a dime and noticed that Granny was missing.

“Where did Granny go?” Ava asked me.

“I think she went to the bathroom.” I replied.

“Again?!?!” Ava exclaimed.

Gotta love kids!


I wasn’t around to witness this instance take place but Honey was thrilled to share the story with me soon after it occurred. Granny got herself in trouble for using one of the “S” words. Ava tattles on anyone who says “Stupid” or “Shut up.” Granny must have been describing something when she nonchalantly said “stupid” and she quickly found Ava at her side explaining why we don’t use that word. Granny apologized. Ava went on to say that her Daddy also said “Stupid” last night. Honey took the opportunity to jump into the conversation.

“What was Daddy talking about when he said ‘stupid’?” Was he talking about Honey?” Honey began to interrogate Ava.

“No, Honey!” Ava quickly replied.

“Oh, was he talking about Papa Bear?” Honey continued.

“No. He was talkin’ about Granny!” Ava explained.

I’m pretty sure Chris has been omitted from the Will.

(In all fairness, Chris never called Granny stupid. Honey obviously set Ava up for that one).


Finally, this is cute…

Granny to Ava: “How much do you love Granny?”

Ava: “Six months!”


And, here are some pictures.






































































0 comments: