I reckon it’s safe to say that most parents measure their child’s physical growth in their own unique way. My Mom has mentioned that she realized her children were growing up when they were eye-level with the countertops. I’ve seen the notches in doorframes with the year scribbled next to it. I’ve seen the picture of the child in front of the same tree at the same time each year. Heck, we have a fancy growth chart hanging on the wall with Ava’s name and birth date embroidered in the top and that’s where we formally track her growth.
Ava has discovered her own unique ways to measure her growth. It’s fascinating to me that at a mere three years of age one can comprehend these slight changes in one’s self. She views them as huge milestones. Here are Ava's measures of her own growth...
This morning she anxiously called me into her bathroom to show me how she can do this all by herself...
She compares the size of her feet to the size of my flip flops the way a dieter eagerly checks their weight on a regular basis. She always says, "Look, Mom! My foot is almost to the end! I'm growing big!"


2 comments:
Ava is all grown up- She needs to stop becoming such a little lady because she is making me feel old :)
Are ya trying to make people cry here or am I just a super emotional person? That is the sweetest thing ever!
Post a Comment