I’ve found, that for me, one of the most difficult parts about staying home is constantly answering Ava’s “Why?” questions…constantly… I do my very best to give her adequate answers each time she asks “Why, Mama?” However, I’m slowly becoming more and more impatient. I don’t want to discourage her. Rather, I’d like to encourage her curiosity. It’s just so darn difficult! I should track how many times she asks “Why?” in a 24-hour period. You’d be amazed. Needless to say, I’m honing my patience skills. Ava has created a couple new nicknames for Linc, including “Lincoln-Bama” and “Lincoln-Puff-Head.” Her imagination is still getting the best of her these days. At 2:30 the other morning she found her way into our bedroom asking to get into bed with us. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she saw “deer eyes” in her window. Surprisingly, she let me walk her back to her room and put her back to bed. She doesn’t like to have her night-light on anymore because it makes her “see shadows.” Poor kid.
Linc goes to the doctor this week for his 4-month check up. Yep, that’s right, he’s already 4 months old. Time flies and it breaks my heart. His face has started filling out more since we’ve started supplementing with formula. I’m interested to see how much he’s grown. He still doesn’t sleep during the day. His first nap, lasting longer than 30 minutes, is usually at 7 p.m. (if he takes one at all). I don’t know how he functions with so little sleep. The car doesn’t even put him to sleep anymore. He hasn’t rolled over much recently. I guess he did it twice so now he’s over it. We’ll be working on it. He’s finally getting better about tummy time, though he doesn’t appreciate being on his tummy for much longer than 10 minutes at a time (max). He’s still a happy-go-lucky little Mama’s boy!
Chris and I went on a date yesterday! We hit up Busch Gardens and it was my first time on a roller coaster in 4 years. I’m pleased to say that my bladder still functions (birthing two babies does a number on the body). We only went for a few hours. Sadly, we only went on 2 rides (one of which was terrible). We got in line for 4 rides, but 2 of the 4 broke down numerous times while we were in line. It was also extremely crowded. It was a rather disappointing first visit to BG this season. Hopefully we’ll have better luck next time.
Picture overload time!
Doing a project... (yes, he's sitting in a purple Bumbo. He wears pink bibs too *gasp*)

Can you guess which one is Ava's? She picked out all the colors, if you couldn't tell...
Walking to get the mail...

Happy kids...

Even the big kids get tuckered out still...

Check out that hair... (she's so proud of her flip-flops)

2 comments:
Love the pics... and the flip flops! I want some of those!
Her flip flops are too cute and Linc is getting soo big!
Post a Comment