Thursday, April 30, 2009

Conversations II

Lincoln has been doing exceptionally well sleeping lately (knock on wood…many times…until knuckles are red).  He takes a couple naps in his crib during the day and only wakes once during the night.  He naps in his crib but he wakes crying a few times during his nap.  Though, it’s nothing that a little rub on his back won’t remedy.  I consider this progress.  Regardless of what time he goes to bed he usually wakes at 6:30 a.m. every day and boy does he wake up angry.  I try to let him work out his issues before I run in to rescue him, meaning, I let him cry for 5 to 10 minutes before interfering.  I use that time to brush my teeth, get dressed, etc.  He almost always works it out himself and falls back asleep before I get to him.  Then he’ll sleep for another hour.  It’s fabulous. 

 

Well, Ava hears Lincoln crying for 10 minutes so now she wakes up at 6:30 a.m. too.  I think they planned this…they’re out to get me, these kids.  Ava quickly learned that if she wakes up early then she gets to see Daddy before he goes to work and this is such a treat for her.  As soon as she hears Linc let out his first 6:30 a.m. whimper I hear her jump out of bed, open her door and run down the hall toward our room. 

 

Ava: “Mama, is it tomorrow?”

Me: “Yes, Love, it’s Thursday.”

Ava: “Oh.  Does Zsa Zsa come here today??”

Me: "Yes.  Today is finally the day that Zsa Zsa comes here."

Ava: big smile

 

She’s so silly in the morning – energized and full of wonder!  She follows Chris around, like a shadow, and helps him pick out clothes, offers his shoes to him and tells him stories.  I listen to them interact while I get ready…

 

Ava: “Daddy?  What do you put in your pants?”

Chris: “Huh?”

Ava: “Um…”

Chris: “What are you trying to say, sweetie?”

Ava (slightly irritated): “I’m tryin’ to say, do you wear panties?”

 

Ava has been curious lately about why Daddy doesn’t wear panties and she keeps forgetting what his undergarments are called.  A while back she explained to me that “we need to go to the store for Daddy to buy him panties so that he doesn’t pee on himself.” 

 

Now Ava is watching Chris put on his belt…

 

Ava: “Why do you put on a seatbelt, Dada?”

Chris: “So my pants don’t fall off and it helps keep my shirt tucked in.”

Ava: “Mama’s pants are going to fall off.  She doesn’t wear a seatbelt.”

 

Finally, Lincoln has stopped yelling from his room.

 

Ava: “Mama!  Lincoln passed back asleep!”

 

I can’t have two posts in a row without a picture.  I snapped this yesterday at story time with my cell phone.  I tired sending it to Chris so he could see Linc sitting in the stroller like a big boy AND wearing overalls (Chris loves babies in overalls).  He never got the text so now it’s going on the blog.  It is blog-worthy after all…big boy sitting in the stroller decked out in some cute overalls.  I just can’t get over how big he is.  Ava says, “Mama, does it break your heart when I get big?”  Yes, yes, it breaks my heart. 


0 comments: