Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ithaca, NY

Welcome to the Ithaca, NY blog post.  As aforementioned, after our cruise we hopped in a rental car and drove four hours to Ithaca, NY - home of the famous Moosewood Restaurant.  It was a pretty drive and it reminded me of driving to Blacksburg (VA Tech).  Ithaca is a cool little town with some incredible state parks.  During our visit we ate three meals at Moosewood, saw two movies (in the theater!), visited three state parks, saw seven different waterfalls and hiked six miles!  It was fuuuun :-)
     
Driving to Ithaca is serious business...

 I don't have any words for this one...

 Taughannock Falls State Park (where's Chris?)...

 Taughannock Falls...






 Chris' tree pose...

 My tree pose (much more convincing, I think)...


 Angry guy we encountered on the trail...

 So beautiful!  

 I'd like to point out that this was taken without a tripod.  *patting self on back*


 Here are some shots of Cornell's campus...



 Chipmunks are everywhere in Ithaca!!  They're so darn adorable!  I shared my snack with this little fellow and I helped him stuff his cheeks silly.  

1 comments:

DiDi's Blog said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Pics are gorgeous!