Monday, January 24, 2011

Photo Requests

What have I done to my children?

I watch my friends struggle to capture a photo of their children sitting still and looking at the camera but my kids ASK me to take their picture. Both of them. On a regular basis.

I will say that there have been exceptions like when I try to initiate a photo op and no one cooperates. For the most part they're pretty darn cooperative. I will also say that I'm fairly certain Lincoln has a different motivation for photo requests than his sister. Although, I'm not quite sure what Ava's motivation is for photo requests. Hmm. For Lincoln it's more about viewing the picture on the camera's LCD screen after it has been taken. I mean, after all, it doesn't get any cooler than that if you're a two-year-old boy. However, this does lead to some strange photo requests...

At any rate, on this particular occasion I forgot my point-and-shoot camera and Ava was quite disappointed by that news after she worked herself, her hair, her dress and this lovely Kesha-singing monkey (thanks, again, Uncle Ryan) into a beautiful pose and asked me to take a picture. *gulp* Honey quickly reminded me that I can take a picture with my cell phone. Phew! Wouldn't you know, that opened up an evening of photo requests?



Lincoln staged the picture below, much to Honey's delight.
Also, Lincoln is standing where he would like to be standing - I asked.
The look on his face is "Cheeeeeese!" caught mid "eeee".


Another photo staged by Lincoln.
He calls this one, "FooT" with emphasis on the "t".


Finally, a picture I requested and they gladly accepted AND posed!
Ava is glad despite the look on her face; she's currently into modeling...
the serious-type modeling.
You probably don't understand unless you are a four-and-a-half year-old diva (or Zsa Zsa).

2 comments:

Erica L. Christopher said...

Linc really looks like your mom (honey)in that pic!

Courtney said...

Oh I get it. As do all fans of America's Next Top Model. Season 48 winner right there!