Friday, February 13, 2009

Sugar High

Evidence.



The entire time she was working on her cookies she kept asking for permission to lick the frosting off her fingers. I kept telling her she had to wait until we were finished. Well, on her last cookie she pleaded and I gave her the green light. She was so excited and kept dipping her pinky finger back in the bowl for more. Finally, after recording the video, I started to clean up. I removed the frosting bowls and figured the cookies would be safe. Ha. She, without any shame, started dipping her pinky into the globs of frosting on her cookies! So, I moved the cookies to the other side of the table. As I was washing up our mess in the kitchen I heard the crinkle of wax paper. I glanced in her direction to find her extending her arm - Go Go Gadget style - as far as it could reach as an attempt to get her pinky into some more frosting. I just had to laugh. Then she started breaking off little tiny bits of cookie... I had no other choice than to remove her from the scene. It looks like a little mouse got a hold of the Valentine cookies. At least she had fun!

Parenting side note: The story reads as though I removed Ava from the situation rather than handling the situation. Not to worry, we talked and she corrected her behavior before she was removed.

Also, it wouldn't be fair to rat out my daughter without admitting that I may have also been under the influence of sugar. Although, you will not be seeing videos and pictures or hearing any stories.

2 comments:

Lindsey Fescoe said...

LOL! awesome video :)

Mindy said...

OMG to funny... what did you put in the frosting