Lincoln had his 2-month check up with the doctor on February 6th also. He’s doing great! He weighed in a 12 lbs 10 oz and he’s 23” long. He’s in the 75th percentile for everything. He received his first round of shots. Those immunizations wiped the poor kid out the following day. He’s beginning to fall into a routine – just not one that works for us! He sleeps 4-6 hours at night for the first stretch, then he usually goes back to sleep for 2-3 hours. That part is great! However, he doesn’t sleep during the day. It’s shocking to me every day! He only sleeps in 10-30 minute increments a few times during the day (usually after a feeding). What’s worse is that he won’t go to bed until 11 p.m. He’ll stay awake all day so I think to myself, “Surely he’ll be ready for bed by 9 p.m. so I can get some rest…” Nope. He goes strong until 11 p.m. That’s his magic time apparently. I’m trying to tweak this little routine of his so that he goes to bed earlier. This routine is really only a problem because Ava is ready for bed at 8 p.m. and she wakes up at 6 a.m. She doesn’t nap either. I’m not ready for her when she wakes up in the morning. This makes for a grumpy Mommy. Sigh, at least it’s better than it was a month ago.
Ava is doing well. We put her 2-week notice in at daycare. It makes no sense to have her in daycare when I’m at home. I’m trying to prepare for my time at home with her. I’ve been doing a lot of research trying to learn about a pre-school curriculum and art/craft ideas for her. I’m trying to get into a playgroup and meet other kids in the area. She’s anxious to stay home with me…it’s a challenge every morning trying to get her out the door to daycare. I should be ready for her in a few more days.
I’m hanging in there! I’m feeling much better about our situation recently. I’ve enjoyed this time to get caught up on house and life projects. I can’t believe how much stuff has just been waiting in the wings for attention. I still search for jobs each week but there is nothing worthwhile out there. So, we’ve pretty well adapted to the idea that I’ll be home for a while. I think we’re both starting to see the benefit. Chris enjoys the fact that his lunch is made for him, coffee is ready when he gets downstairs, he always has clean boxers and white shirts, the trash is taken out, the grocery shopping is done, etc. Overall, he has a lot more time to focus on what is important right now – family and school. I feel a lot less stress. I no longer feel like I’m struggling to keep my head above water. I can literally think more clearly. I’m amazed at just how frazzled I was. I absolutely love my time with my kids too. I guess everything really does happen for a reason.
Not a lot of pictures to share…
Linc wasn't feeling the photo-shoot...

2 comments:
Being home all day is an incredibly hard job but so worthwhile. I love (almost) every minute of it. :D
it's good to hear you're enjoying your time at home and not stressing about a job right now!
Post a Comment