Let the Birthday celebrations begin!
Ava's birthday is on Saturday! Today was her birthday celebration at school. We made vegan cupcakes (dairy allergy in her class) to share with her friends. She got to stand on the chair while her friends sang "Happy Birthday" and then she got to blow out the candle. Despite the look on her face in the picture below, she was really excited.
We also went on a field trip today in her class. We went to an art museum! I don't have pictures b/c photography was not allowed. It was so much fun and our docent was fantastic! It was the perfect introduction to the world of art museums for these kids. I can't wait to go back with both kids (& Chris)! It's funny how Ava hangs onto me when I'm the helper-parent in her classroom. She sits in my lap during circle time and she holds my hand when she's walking in line with her classmates. However, when we go on a field trip it's like she forgets I'm there. She becomes so engrossed in her new surroundings and she's always front and center. She also asks questions and answers questions! I can't believe how far she's come. She used to be SO shy that we were actually worried for her. I won't be surprised if she digresses when she gets to kindergarten but for now it's wonderful and I'm so happy for her!

4 comments:
I just have to say YOU ROCK for making vegan cupcakes for the class. I wish just one parent in the girls class would be that considerate. Totally awesome Mich!!!
Cute tunic :) How did the cupcakes turn out?
Kristen - Aww, thanks :-) I'm surprised that more of the parents in our class don't make them for bday celebrations. The boy's Mom is adamant that it's no big deal and that he understands, which he seems to. She has a stash of vegan cupcakes and she brings one in for him on the bday celebration days. Really though, it was nothing to make vegan cupcakes so I really am surprised that parents aren't doing that more often when there is a dairy allergy in the class.
Courtney - They were delicious!!! I think I might even prefer them. They were perfectly dense and moist. YUM!
Happy, Happy Birthday Ava from Uncle John, Aunt Diane and Savannah...
Post a Comment