Sunday, December 21, 2008

2 Week Check Up

Lincoln had his 2-week check-up on Friday. He's a healthy boy!

Stats:
Weight: 8 lb. 8 oz. (50th %)
Length: 21" (75 %)
Head: 14.5 (50%)

I can't believe how much weight he's gained already. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised though seeing as how he eats like a champ. I feel like all I do with my day is feed Lincoln so I guess it makes sense. The doctor joked that he must be getting some high octane milk. I'm taking that as a compliment :-)

Linc went through a grumpy gassy spell for about a week. We were on the verge of calling the Pediatrician because every time he was awake he was crying like he was in pain (gas). I read that it might be a cow's milk allergy and that I should try eliminating cow's milk from my diet. After just 2 days we saw a considerable improvement! Coincidence? We're not sure yet. I discussed this with the doc and he said that based off the symptoms I described it could also be reflux. Since the cow's milk thing seems to be making a difference I'm going to keep that up for a while to test it out. If he's still grumpy then we'll try the prescription for Zantac that the doc gave us.

Other than the gas, he's doing great! At night his first stretch is usually 4 hours which is great. Then, we wake about every hour and a half which isn't so great. This week we're going to work very hard on getting into a routine. It's tough with the holidays.

Ava is still doing a good job with Lincoln. We're still hoping it isn't just a Honeymoon phase. Time will tell.

Aunt Zsa Zsa came to visit - I haven't uploaded those pics yet. She was shocked and surprised at first by how small a newborn baby is. That was comical! She quickly warmed up and was an ol' pro by the time she left. Ava enjoyed her time with Zsa Zsa as well. I enjoyed the conversation and someone to walk around the neighborhood with (fresh air = sanity).

Well, my hour and half is up. Linc is downstairs with Chris vocalizing his hunger.





 

 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: