What a fun day it was! I wish I could have had a little more energy but you can't expect too much out of a super pregnant woman. And I do mean super...oy! It was so nice to just hang out with family all day and watch the girls play. My Mom somehow managed to pull off another INCREDIBLE dinner pretty much single-handedly. I was no help this year :-( Everything was simply delicious and cooked to perfection and there was so much of everything!
Ava wanted nothing to do with her parents yesterday. Why would she when she had Granny, Auntie Maureen, Samantha, Uncle Ryan, etc.?! We were a drag to her! I actually missed her :-( I only saw her in snippets as she and Samantha were on their way to the "store to go grocery shopping" with the little plastic shopping cart; or when she was snuggled on the couch reading book # 304 with Auntie Maureen; or when she was explaining something in great detail and of great importance to her Great Granny who listens so diligently; or when she was dressed as a princess being spoon-fed ice cream from Uncle Ryan. Needless to say, she fell sound asleep on our way home last night and she’s still snoozing. As soon as she wakes up we’ll be making our way back over to Honey & Papa’s house to play with Samantha some more and wait for Baby Matthew to show up.
Yesterday was a fine day for Lincoln to arrive…but he decided not to. Today is also a perfect day but I have a feeling he’ll wait until his due date. I had a doctor appointment on Wednesday and I was 1-2 cm. dilated and 50% effaced. I’m only measuring at 37 weeks. He hadn’t dropped yet. The doctor said his heart rate was low (110) so they hooked me up to a monitor for 20 minutes (that was a first for me). His heart rate was jumping around from 110-150 and he was plenty active so the doctor was pleased enough to send us on our way with instructions to “take it easy.” The monitor also measures contractions and wouldn’t you know I was having regular contractions?! Who knew?! Not me! I don’t think the doctor and nurse believed me that I couldn’t feel them, at all. The doctor said, “Michelle, this could very well turn into something and you may not be eating turkey tomorrow. If you start to feel these contractions then you need to get to the hospital!” Well, that was all she needed to say to make me loose 3 hours of sleep that night. I got it in my head that it was going to progress into active labor and I was worried about his heart rate so I sat up on the couch with Oprah from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. Nothing. No contractions (that I was aware of). What a disappointment. I’m finally over it today so life can carry on as usual now. When I crawled back into bed that night Chris said, in his glorious grogginess, “What’s going on? Are we having a baby??” Poor guy. Guess it was on his mind too. Although, he didn’t have any trouble quickly falling back into his slumber.
I hear Ava making her way downstairs now with Chris and this is the conversation:
Ava: “Daddy? Where’s Baby Matthew?”
Chris: “He’s on his way here. He’s driving in the car.”
Ava: “He’s too little to drive!”
And now she’s asking when she can go play with “Sambo.” Guess I better get going! Here are a lot of pictures of our Thanksgiving festivities...
We had some major DDR competitions! Gotta burn all those calories somehow!
Gotta love those smiles...
Sam sneaking some turkey...
YUM!
The Big Green Egg really IS the best!
After we un-veiled the turkeys Samantha enthusiastically suggested that we sing "Happy Birthday" to them. Guess we have some explainin' to do...

1 comments:
soo i know this post is about thanksgiving but i was too busy admiring your parents new kitchen in the background instead.. from what i saw it looks great! lincoln hurry up and get here!
Post a Comment