Speaking of the butterfly princess, she’s hanging in there. Ninny and I took her to the doctor yesterday because her cough and runny nose still hadn’t cleared up. Actually, it seemed considerably worse. She’s on antibiotics – they’re treating it as a sinus infection. Doc said it probably started out as allergies or a cold and developed into an infection. Nothing serious. I think she has seasonal allergies – it seems to come up at each sick-baby appointment we have with her. Wouldn’t surprise me given the family history. She weighs 28 lbs – we learned that at the appointment!
Baby Lincoln update – only 6 weeks to go! I think I turned a corner in this pregnancy; I’m suddenly very excited and anxious! I haven’t really felt too “pregnant” this whole time – just different. Now, suddenly, I feel very pregnant (in a good way) and the reality is starting to sink in that we’re going to have a baby. It’s very exciting! Oddly enough, you know what I think did it? We bought Dreft. Honestly, the smell brings back soooo many wonderful baby memories. Who knew laundry detergent was so powerful? I’m beginning to feel like my old self again, finally. My mood is much more stable and I think most would agree that it’s consistently positive again. That is a huge relief for me. I was a little stressed about that. It must be a combination of hormones, nearing the end of the pregnancy and the time of year. I think Chris is getting pretty excited too…it’s nice to be able to share in the excitement together. Lincoln is still a big mover and groover. I can tell that he’s getting bigger because his movements feel different – as if he’s running out of space. He reacts to everything too. Ava didn’t do that. For example, if I use a loud stapler at work then he usually jumps. If I fold my arms across my belly then he’s usually pretty quick to demand that space back and makes a ruckus until I move my arms. It’s fun! He hangs out on the right side of my stomach, which is unusual I think. I constantly feel a little foot or knee or something waaay over on my right side – like waaaay over. Like where I didn’t think babies were supposed to be able to reach. Odd. I’m definitely carrying him differently – Chris pointed that out to me. Lincoln is all out front. It’s tough to do dishes or wash my face. My belly button actually feels bruised most of the time because I’m constantly hitting it on everything. I’m starting to look forward to labor again (call me crazy) and I can’t wait to see what he looks like. I just really really really hope that we’re as fortunate with this delivery as we were with Ava. I’m hoping for another perfectly healthy baby!
Is anyone still reading? I write a lot. I guess I should move on to the pictures now. Not too many to share from the past week…
She got a hold of the camera and took this one herself...
She wasn't feeling well so she was watching a movie...

1 comments:
Ahh Lincoln is almost here! So exciting! Can't wait to visit after he is born!
Post a Comment